COGUK is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst Health and Care Professionals and encouraging the confidence to Speak UP and Speak OUT.
COGUK in providing training and other services – is also committed against discrimination
1. Provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time
2. Not discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
1. Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion as they are good practice
2. Create an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimization , promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
3. Make opportunities for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
4. Make decisions concerning staff being based on merit (apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the Equality Act).
5. Review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law.
6. Monitor the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion, and in meeting the aims and commitments set out in the equality, diversity and inclusion policy.